RECIPE IDEA: Black Bean Chili Tasty Anytime
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a super good Black Bean Chili. Not only is it delicious, but you can make this Black Bean Chili in 30 minutes or less. I topped mine with a few scallions, and it really hit the spot.
Eat your Black Bean Chili with some tortilla chips for added depth. Chili is one of those meals I can easily make from items in my pantry. I admit, however, that today I ran to the grocery store because I didn’t have any ground beef or scallions, and I wanted both. Sometimes I make Black Bean Chili without meat; it can easily be made to fit a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle.
What’s your go-to quick meal? Do you make chili? We have several other chili recipes available. Sometimes I make these: Black Eyed Peas White Bean Chili, Coconut Chili, Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili, or my favorite, Chili. Some people like to add shredded cheese to the top. Don likes macaroni in his chili (then it’s Chili Mac).
I find that black beans are more digestible than others. If you follow the Eat Right For Your Blood Type suggestions, you may find that one kind of bean works better for you than another. I discovered that any kind of bean besides the black bean can make me uncomfortable. Try switching to a different kind of bean if you have a similar problem. What kinds of beans do you like in your chili?
For this recipe, I used a chef’s knife, cutting board, medium pot, measuring spoons and measuring cup, similar to the following:
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground beef (93/7 fat content)
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 scallions (sliced), white and tender green parts only
- In a mediium pot, heat the oil to hot and then add the onion and green pepper.
- Sauté onion and green pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and continue cooking until the meat is crumbled and brown all the way through.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes and cook about 7 minutes until hot throughout.
- Top with sliced scallions when serving.