RECIPE IDEA: Easy Brownies Gluten Free Dairy Free
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about my Easy Brownies Gluten Free Dairy Free recipe. Over the weekend I participated in Shiloh Quaker Camp’s Family Camp Weekend. I like to bring foods that I know folks with food allergies will appreciate. Many people are sensitive to gluten (me included) and dairy (yup, that one too). This recipe meets both these restrictions; it does contain nuts, however. If you prefer regular brownies using wheat flour and butter, try my Favorite Chocolate Brownies.
These Easy Brownies Gluten Free Dairy Free are so simple to make. It’s mostly must dump and mix. I used coconut oil instead of butter but you could use canola oil if you don’t like the flavor of coconut. I happen to love it. I also put walnuts on the top of my brownies instead of mixing them in because several people in my family don’t like nuts in their brownies or cookies. I like them baked on top because (1) those who don’t like them can see them and choose a different piece and (2) it makes the nuts nice and crispy. Yum!
Did you grab your FREE cookbook?
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
No special tools are required for this recipe. I used “dry” measuring cups and spoons, a small glass measuring cup (for melting the chocolate and coconut oil), my stand mixer (but you could use a hand mixer), rubber spatula, knife, cutting board, and a 9″ x 12 ” pan (I actually used an 11″ x 17″ baking sheet because I doubled the recipe), similar to these:
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate (4 oz)
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour (I like Bob's Red Mill One-to-One Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 12″ pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or in the microwave until melted. Watch closely as this can burn easily. It took about 2 minutes in my microwave.
- Beat sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in GF flour and baking powder.
- When cool, add the chocolate/butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the walnuts or lay them on top (your choice). I like the walnuts on the top of the brownies (as in the picture).
- Pour the mixture into the greased 9" x 12" pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.