RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
Hey. Don here. Since Lois seems to be getting increasingly sensitive to gluten, we tried my family’s pancake recipe with gluten free flour. I had some leftover buttermilk to use up and I love these made-the-night-before Buttermilk Pancakes. They were just as delicious as when they are made with wheat flour. Try them with Sautéed Apples. Yum.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Sift twice to add air to the mix.
- Add the buttermilk, beaten eggs and butter, and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, stir the mixture and cook on a hot ungreased griddle, using about ¼ cup per pancake.
- Let the pancakes form lots of bubbles before turning them over to cook the other side (about 5 minutes).
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.