Recipe Idea: Soft Boiled Eggs
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you how to make Soft Boiled Eggs—easy peasy. Soft Boiled Eggs are one of the easiest eggs to make. You can make them soft, medium or hard boiled in the same manner. I like them any way they are boiled. And two boiled eggs are just 140 calories.
When we had Soft Boiled Eggs when I was a kid, we just whacked them with a spoon to break the shell, and then cut them in half. We dug the egg out of the shell and put it in a bowl. Of course, there would be times when there were a few eggshells in the bowl, but a little calcium never hurt anybody, right? Now you can use this handy device—it’s called an Egg Topper—to cut the tops off and eat your eggs without little pieces of the shell! Super easy.
- 4 Eggs
- Put the eggs in a small sauce pan that has a cover.
- Add about 1/2 inch of water to the pot; the water should not cover the eggs.
- Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil.
- When the water boils, remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 6 and 1/2 minutes for runny yolks (or about 9 minutes for medium).
- Remove the eggs from the pot and serve.