Recipe Idea: Oven Browned Potatoes
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. Oven Browned Potatoes is one of my favorite ways to make potatoes. They are easy and tasty. A bit like French fries, but more softness on the inside. And certainly healthier for you than French fries. Another Easy Peasy recipe.
Serve them with chicken, beef, anything!
- 6 Small Potatoes (red or white), quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Peeling the potatoes is not required. I peeled them this time and cut them in half; Don doesn’t peel them and he quarters the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and spices.
- Place them, cut side down, in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 45 minutes until a fork goes in easily and the potatoes are browned.
- Another way to do it is to cut the potatoes in half and parboil them for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain them and then toss them in a bowl with the oil and spices.
- Place them cut-side down on a cooking sheet.
- Bake them for 30 minutes at 375F degrees until tender and browned..[br][url href=”http://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png”][img src=”http://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png” width=”252″ height=”53″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”Recipe Idea Shop logo” alt=”RIS logo”][/url]