Heerekai (Ridge Gourd/luffa) Tambli is easy to make and it has cooling effect on the body. This is mostly made in the summer time. Little sugar can be added to make the children love this tambli.
Heerekai Tambli can be mixed with rice or can be used as a health drink.
1. Ridge gourd - 1
2. Vegitable/Refined Oil - 2 Tea spoon
3. Urad Daal - 1/2 Tea Spoon
4. Jeera - 1/2 Tea Spoon
5. Mustard - 1/2 Tea spoon
6. Red chillies - 2
7. Curry leaves - 4
8. Coconut - 1/2 cup
9. Buttermilk - 1/2 cup
10. Sugar/Jaggery (Optional)
1. Cut Ridge Gourd , take out all the seed and cut it into small pieces.
2. Boil it in water till it becomes soft
3. Cool the boiled Ridge gourd and grind it with the coconut, pour it to a container.
4. Add Butter Milk /Yogurt. Normally Butter milk is added.
5. For Seasoning – Heat the oil, Add Urad Daal, Jeera, Mustard, red chilles and Curry leaves fry it, add it to the container.
6. Add salt and mix well.
7. Sugar can be added if required. Its is optional.
8. Tambli is ready to eat.