A simple lunch. Serve over a bed of lettuce, stuffed in a tomato or as a sandwich.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen. Chicken Salad sandwiches are a favorite at our house. My Tarragon Chicken Salad is one of our daughter Roni’s favorites and she asks for it frequently.
Don and I like Chicken Salad just about any way it is made. My favorite recipe is flavored with tarragon, but Don’s idea of Chicken Salad includes a little bit of sweet relish instead of herbs. Adding a little yellow mustard makes it a bit tangy. Try your own ideas.
Chicken Salad is good with toasted nuts, bits of celery, chopped onions, grapes, raisins or a combination of all of these. Sometimes we serve it “stuffed” in a fresh tomato or over a bed of spinach; sometimes we eat it on bread. This recipe serves 4.
- 1 can cooked chicken (12.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 2 green onions (white and tender green parts only), sliced small
- Drain the chicken and put it in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Mix and serve. [br] [url href=”http://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg”][img src=”http://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg” width=”300″ height=”63″ class=”alignleft size-medium” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″ alt=”Recipe Idea Shop logo”][/url]