RECIPE IDEA: 15-Minute Pasta Gluten Free Dairy Free
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, where I’m giving you a recipe for 15-Minute Pasta Gluten Free Dairy Free that came together so beautifully. Don is a creature of habit. For many years, he always had pasta on Monday nights. Since regular wheat pasta doesn’t agree with me (I require gluten free pasta), pasta night has never been a meal I look forward to. But pasta is cheap and super easy to make, so it’s a terrific option for families.
Don and I were both out of town (different places) last week, so there weren’t many fresh veggies in the fridge. I wasn’t feeling inspired when I looked at my options—I had two tiny red peppers, onions, and some cherry tomatoes. I also had a few marinated artichokes, a small can of black olives, two chicken apple sausages, and some fresh basil. I didn’t think the two red peppers would be enough to serve us; surprisingly, the few ingredients I had made just the right amount!
I have learned that one cup of penne pasta is enough for Don and me. I eat about one-third of the pasta and he eats two-thirds. Sometimes I make our pasta with the Red Sauce I made with fresh tomatoes in the summer in the slow cooker and canned.
Doesn’t this 15-Minute Pasta Gluten Free Dairy Free meal look amazing? It was delicious! And when I looked in the refrigerator and pantry, I thought I had nothing to make for supper. Luckily, Don suggested I put these ingredients together (I added the olives and artichokes to his list).
I usually end up making enough food to feed a family of four or five. It’s hard for me to scale meals to feed us only one meal. But most of the time, I like having leftovers. Then we have something to eat later in the week. This time, however, it was the perfect amount for us.
For this recipe I used: two cutting boards (one for the meat), a chef’s knife, a pair of scissors, a medium pot, a small covered sauté pan and a measuring cup. What tools would you use?
You’re gonna wanna eat this.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
- 1 cup pasta I used gluten free corn & potato penne
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken apple sausages sliced in rounds
- 1/2 yellow onion peeled, sliced and then cut in thirds
- 2 small red peppers the tiny ones, about 1/2 cup deseeded and sliced
- 3 marinated artichokes drained and quartered
- 3 ounces sliced black olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Fill a medium pot with water.
- Add a dash of salt (increases the boiling point of the water)
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil (prevents boiling over)
- Bring the pot of water to a rapid boil.
- Add the pasta and stir immediately to prevent sticking.
- Turn the temperature to medium-low.
- Boil the pasta for about 10-12 minutes until al dente (just a bit chewy, but not mushy)
- Drain the pasta (no need to rinse) and serve with the sauce.
- As soon as you put the water on to boil: In a medium sauté pot over medium heat, add the oil and sausage slices.
- When the sausage is almost done (browned on both sides, which means you have to turn it over midway), add the onions and peppers, and continue cooking until the onion is transparent and the peppers are somewhat soft. Stir frequently.
- Add the artichokes, basil, and tomatoes and continue heating with the pan covered about 5 minutes until the artichokes and tomatoes are warm. Stir gently and serve over pasta.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.