Asparagus Omelet (With Ham), a tasty egg breakfast. Easy, too. We tell you exactly how to make an omelet.
Asparagus Omelet (With Ham)
Don here, telling you about our delicious Asparagus Omelet (with Ham). Lois and I were at the end of our vacation time at the beach. I was the designated breakfast cook for the last morning. At the end of the week, there were leftovers in the fridge which need to be eaten or tossed out. Has that happened to you?
I found some asparagus, ham and, of course, just enough eggs to make an omelet. Together with some Dillie Bread toast and coffee, we had a fantastic last-morning-of-vacation breakfast. The recipe describes exactly how to make an omelet.
Asparagus Omelet Recipe
- 2 T butter or olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup ham, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cooked asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch long pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/8 t pepper and 1/4 t salt)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Heat half the butter or olive oil in a small sauté pan.
- When it’s melted and begins to sizzle, add the ham and cook, stirring frequently until it begins to pop.
- Add the asparagus and continue cooking over medium heat until it is hot throughout.
- Set aside and keep warm.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Heat the remaining butter or oil in an omelet pan or skillet until hot.
- Add the egg mixture.
Cook over medium heat until nearly set.
As the eggs cook, lift up the sides occasionally with a spatula, tilting the pan a bit, to let the eggs seep around the edges and cook.
When the eggs are set and almost done, but still a little wet looking, add the asparagus and ham, placing it on one-half of the eggs mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the ham and asparagus.
Fold the plain half of the eggs over the top of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Let sit for a minute or two for the cheese to melt.
- To serve, cut the omelet in half and place one half on each of two plates.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Asparagus Omelet Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomato Basil Pie
- Asparagus Tomato Frittata
- Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?