Recipe Idea: Asparagus Omelet
Don here. Lois and I were at the end of our vacation time at the beach. I was the designated breakfast cook for the last morning. At the end of the week, there were leftovers in the fridge which need to be eaten or tossed out.
I found some asparagus, ham and, of course, just enough eggs to make an omelet. Together with some Dillie Bread toast and coffee, we had a fantastic last-morning-of-vacation breakfast.
- 4 eggs beaten
- ¼ t freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ C cooked asparagus cut into 1/2-inch long pieces
- ½ C ham cut into small pieces
- ½ C mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 T butter or olive oil, divided
- Heat half the butter or olive oil in a small sauté pan.
- When it’s melted and begins to sizzle, add the ham and cook, stirring frequently until it begins to pop.
- Add the asparagus and continue cooking over medium heat until it is hot throughout.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Beat the eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Heat the remaining butter or oil in an omelet pan or skillet until hot.
- Add the egg mixture.
- Cook until nearly set then turn over.
- Add the asparagus and ham, placing it on one-half of the eggs mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the ham and asparagus.
- Fold the other half of the eggs over the top of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Let sit for a minute or two for the cheese to melt.
- To serve, cut the omelet in half and place one half on each of two plates.
- Add toast and your favorite breakfast beverage and enjoy.[br] [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg” width=”300″ height=”62″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″][/url]