Blueberry Buckle. A family comfort food favorite for any occasion. Breakfast or dessert, super good blueberry cake recipe.
Blueberry Buckle Recipe
Since July is "July Belongs to Blueberries Month," I'm giving you an amazing Blueberry Buckle recipe. It's a coffee cake that can be used anytime. Look at that picture. Doesn't it look amazing?
The Bayers live next door to us, and this cake is one of their family favorites. Diane kindly shared the recipe with me. Before Diane told me about it, I had never heard of "buckle." According to Spend With Pennies, "a traditional buckle has a cake-like batter [that] is topped with fruit; as it cooks the cake rises around the fruit, or “buckles” around the fruit."
What You Need
You will need an electric mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and an 8" square cake pan. Whatever you buy, be sure to buy the very best you can afford so your tools will last a lifetime.
Bayer Blueberry Buckle
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Fresh blueberries washed and well drained
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- Mix sugar, butter and egg thoroughly.
- Stir in the milk.
- Blend the dry ingredients and add to the sugar/butter/egg mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread into a greased 8" x 8" cake pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle it on the top.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.