Chicken Kabobs. Make them at home. Call them “Mouse on a Stick” (from Shrek) and the kids will love them.
Kid Friendly Chicken Kabobs
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking to you about kid-friendly Chicken Kabobs. But it’s not just children who like these. All your meat-eaters will love them.
I brought Chicken Kabobs with Hot and Sour Sauce, Spicy Mustard Sauce and Soy Sauce (for dipping) to a couple of potluck events and they were a hit each time. And they are so easy to make. You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts (which I think is best because they are tender) or chicken tenders for these Chicken Kabobs. Either serve them in a casserole dish, just as they are, or skewer them to make them easier to grab and eat and more fun for everyone.
Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt you can always add more, but you can't take it out
- Heat the oil and butter (if using) in a large skillet
- Add the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and salt.
- Sauté the chicken pieces stirring frequently until done (all wihite, all the way through, and still moist).
- Skewer the chicken pieces with disposable bamboo skewers, about 3-4 pieces per skewer.
Serve with Hot and Sour Sauce, Spicy Mustard Sauce or Soy Sauce.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Chicken Kabobs Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.