Chicken Kabobs. Make them at home. Call them “Mouse on a Stick” (from Shrek) and the kids will love them.
But it’s not just children who like these Chicken Kabobs. All your meat-eaters will love them. I brought Chicken Kabobs with three dipping sauces to a couple of potluck events and they were a hit each time. And they are so easy to make.
You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts (which I think is best because they are tender) or chicken tenders for them. Sauté them in some oil and seasoning salt, and you are done. Seriously, 15 minutes.
Either serve them in a casserole dish, just as they are, or skewer them to make them easier to grab and eat and more fun for everyone. Add some Hot and Sour Sauce, Spicy Mustard Sauce and Soy Sauce as dipping choices.
What You Need
Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt you can always add more, but you can't take it out
- Heat the oil and butter (if using) in a large skillet
- Add the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and salt.
- Sauté the chicken pieces stirring frequently until done (all wihite, all the way through, and still moist).
- Skewer the chicken pieces with disposable bamboo skewers, about 3-4 pieces per skewer.
Serve with Hot and Sour Sauce, Spicy Mustard Sauce or Soy Sauce.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!