Chicken Piccata Easy
Amazing lemony chicken with a little tang
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white rice flour (or another gluten-free flour)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (cut in little bits)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon minced parsley (for garnish)
- Lemon slices or wedges (for garnish)
- Pound the chicken with a mallet until it is about 1/4-inch thick
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan.
- Lightly salt and pepper the pounded chicken breasts.
- Dredge the chicken in the rice flour until coated. Shake off excess flour.
- Place the coated chicken in the hot oil and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Then turn the chicken over and brown the other side, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a warmed plate; set aside.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Add the butter a little at a time to the wine sauce, stirring to incorporate and thicken.
- Return the chicken to the pan to warm.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and top with capers, lemon slices and minced parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce and capers
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 431.9 mg
- Fat: 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 20.7 g
- Cholesterol: 92.6 mg
Keywords: chicken, chicken piccata easy