Chocolate Zucchini Cake is a rich, dense cake. What a terrific way to eat your veggies.
What You Need
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 3 cups grated zucchini (measure after grating)
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (toasted, measure after chopping)
- 2 cups sifted flour (can be gluten free)
- ¾ cup good dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons creme de cocao (chocolate liqueur)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 11-inch springform pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper, and spray and flour the paper.
- Grate zucchini and set aside.
- Toast and chop walnuts; set aside.
- Whisk together in a separate bowl, and set aside: flour, cocoa, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat eggs at medium-high until light. With the mixer at low, slowly add 1 cup of sugar.
- Increase the mixer speed until medium-high until the eggs/sugar look light again and the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Then stop mixer and add 1 cup light brown sugar.
- Beat at med high until the mixture again looks lightened and the sugar is incorporated.
- Then beat into the eggs/sugar mixture: vanilla and creme de cocao.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix just until fully incorporated.
- Then add the zucchini and nuts until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick or cake tester at 50 minutes. When done, the testing implement should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a rack.
- Release and remove the side.
- Invert the cake on the rack carefully and remove the bottom of the spring form pan and the circle of wax paper.
- Cool to nearly room temperature before covering with Ganache.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn't cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you're gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don't stop there¦subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- My Favorite Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Coconut Cupcakes (Gluten Free)
- Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
- Lemon Cake (Gluten Free)
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?