Chocolate Zucchini Cake is a rich, dense cake. What a terrific way to eat your veggies.
What You Need
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
A dense CHOCOLATE tort you will crave.
- 3 cups grated zucchini (measure after grating)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (toasted, measure after chopping)
- 2 cups sifted flour (can be gluten free)
- 3/4 cup good dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons creme de cocao (chocolate liqueur)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 11-inch springform pan.
Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper, and spray and flour the paper.
- Grate zucchini and set aside.
- Toast and chop walnuts; set aside.
- Whisk together in a separate bowl, and set aside: flour, cocoa, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat eggs at medium-high until light. With the mixer at low, slowly add 1 cup of sugar.
- Increase the mixer speed until medium-high until the eggs/sugar look light again and the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Then stop mixer and add 1 cup light brown sugar.
- Beat at med high until the mixture again looks lightened and the sugar is incorporated.
- Then beat into the eggs/sugar mixture: vanilla and creme de cocao.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix just until fully incorporated.
- Then add the zucchini and nuts until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick or cake tester at 50 minutes. When done, the testing implement should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a rack.
- Release and remove the side.
- Invert the cake on the rack carefully and remove the bottom of the spring form pan and the circle of wax paper.
Cool to nearly room temperature before covering with Ganache.
Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- My Favorite Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Coconut Cupcakes (Gluten Free)
- Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
- Lemon Cake (Gluten Free)