Christmas Eve Salad is a lovely salad of fruits, vegetables, and nuts that looks and tastes amazing. It makes a beautiful addition to any meal.
Are you looking for a special salad or side dish for the holidays? This is it!
I have made Ensalada de Noche Buena many times and enjoy the flavorful, beautiful pairing of beets and fruits. According to Better Homes and Gardens Mexican Cook Book, it is a favorite salad served on Christmas Eve in Mexico. I can see why. Isn’t it pretty? And it’s so delicious!
It takes a bit of work to make it look stunning, but it’s worth the effort. What better way to use your artistic talents than to create an awesome arrangement?
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a knife, cutting board, colander, measuring cups and spoons, wire whisk, and a beautiful serving platter.
Christmas Eve Salad Recipe
Christmas Eve Salad or Ensalada de Noche Buena
- 1 fresh pineapple (or 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained)
- 2 large oranges
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 large red apple
- 2 medium beets, cooked, peeled and sliced (or one 16-ounce can sliced beets, drained)
- 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
- Lettuce to garnish
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk
Remove crown of the fresh pineapple by cutting it off.
- Peel pineapple and remove eyes; quarter and remove core.
Cut pineapple into chunks. (Or drain canned pineapple.)
Slice and seed apple.
Peel and section the oranges.
Peel and slice the bananas in rounds.
- Toss all the fruits in orange juice to keep the fruits from browning.
Place lettuce attractively on a pretty plate.
Arrange fruits in the center, alternating each to make a pleasant display.
Circle the fruits with the sliced beets.
- Toss nuts and pomegranate seeds over top of salad.
- Mix mayo, sugar and milk until well blended, to a drizzling consistency.
Putting It Together
Drizzle the dressing over salad if desired, or serve it on the side.
- Serve immediately.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- How to Make a Turkey
- Southern Green Bean Casserole
- Northern Green Bean Casserole
- Traditional Sage Stuffing
- Cornbread Stuffing With Dates Cranberries and Sausage
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes
- Fruit Cocktail Salad (the kids love this one)
- Don’s Famous Favorite Pecan Pie
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?