Croatian Grilled Chicken
Tender, juicy chicken that takes just a few minutes to grill (but you have to marinate it for several hours before grilling).
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (sliced butterfly style and pounded to ⅜ inch thick.)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and place them in a dish so they all lie flat.
- Using a whisk, combine the olive oil and lemon juice until it is well blended and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover the dish.
- Marinate for an hour at room temperature or for several hours in the refrigerator.
- If you refrigerate the chicken breasts, allow them to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Heat your grill to high heat.
- Place the marinated breasts on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes a side.
- If the breasts are thin and the grill hot, this should be long enough to cook them through.
Keywords: Croatian Chicken, Croatian Grilled Chicken