My Favorite Banana Bread is a very moist banana bread. And it’s a dump, mix, bake recipe. I now make it gluten free, and it’s really good.
My Favorite Banana Bread is better than Grandma’s recipe.
August 27 is Banana Lovers Day. That’s me. I eat them nearly every day, and one way I eat them is in banana bread. My all-time Favorite Banana Bread recipe is adapted it from a Zucchini Cake recipe. Years ago, I found it in a Disabled American Veterans’ cookbook (the kind where many people contribute to the book and they sell it as a fundraiser)—and I’ve been making it ever since. It’s moist and not too sweet. It’s really more like a cake, but I love it baked in a bread pan, sliced and toasted. The recipe makes two loves and it freezes very well. For an excellent gluten free banana bread, I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour instead of wheat flour. You will be happy with the result.
*This recipe is GF, DF, SF, CF, V (It can be EF if you substitute egg replacer.)
What You Need
You need some type of pan to bake it in. I use a bread pan (actually 2), but others use mini loaf pans or cake pans. If you vary the size of the pan, you will need to bake the banana bread longer or shorter times. Start with 25 minutes and keep checking the doneness every 5-10 minutes.
My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe
My Favorite Banana Bread
Moist, delicious banana bread
- 3 eggs (use flaxseed meal and water as an egg replacer)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 3 medium very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (regular salt contains corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups gluten free flour (or wheat flour if you are not GF)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (leave out for NF)
- Combine all ingredients in order listed.
- Mix well.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool for about 10-15 minutes, use a butter knife to loosen the sides of the bread from the pan, and then turn them out onto cooling racks. If you try to remove them from the pan too soon, the bottom will stick to the pan.
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK & Grocery List?
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Grandma’s Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Wisconsin Kringle