My Favorite Banana Bread is a very moist banana bread. And it’s a dump, mix, bake recipe. I now make it gluten free. Amazing.
My Favorite Banana Bread
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about my all-time Favorite Banana Bread recipe. Years ago, I adapted it from a Zucchini Cake that I found in a Disabled American Veterans’ cookbook (the kind where many people contribute to the book and they sell it as a fundraiser)—and I’ve been making it ever since.
I like that this bread is very moist and not too sweet. It’s really more like a cake, but I love it baked in a bread pan, sliced and toasted. The recipe makes two loves and it freezes very well.
Tools You Will Need
You need some type of pan to bake it in. I use a bread pan, but others use mini loaf pans or cake pans. If you vary the size of the pan, you will need to bake my favorite banana bread for longer or shorter times. Start with 25 minutes and keep checking the doneness every 5-10 minutes.
For an excellent gluten free banana bread, substitute Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour Gluten Free for the wheat flour in this recipe. You will be so happy with the result.
My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe
My Favorite Banana Bread
Moist, delicious banana bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 3 medium very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all ingredients in order listed.
- Mix well.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool for about 10-15 minutes, use a butter knife to loosen the sides of the bread from the pan, and then turn them out onto cooling racks. If you try to remove them from the pan too soon, the bottom will stick to the pan.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
My Favorite Banana Bread Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Grandma’s Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Wisconsin Kringle
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?