Fresh Artichokes with Lemon Butter. What a delight. Easy. Tasty. And they make you feel decadent.
Fresh Artichokes: An Inexpensive Luxury
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about our New Year’s Eve treat, Fresh Artichokes.
I always feel like I’m living the good life when we have Fresh Artichokes. I was an adult before I ever tried one (my family was not adventurous eaters). They are neither expensive nor hard to make, and because they are not commonplace for average families, I love to serve them on special occasions. I picked one up at the local grocery store for just $1.99 and it was delicious!
Serve it with Lemon Butter. Peel, dip the bottom end and eat your hot, Fresh Artichoke. A good butter server will make it extra special. I like the servers with the warmer to keep your butter hot! What kind do you like?
Fresh Artichoke Recipe
- 2 Fresh Artichokes
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Prepare the artichokes by cutting off the tough top and bottom and peeling off the tough outer leaves.
- Cut the tips of the leaves on the outside all around the artichoke.
- Drop the artichokes into the pot and turn the temperature to medium.
- Cook for about 40 minutes until the artichokes are tender.
- Melt the butter and stir in the lemon juice.
- Drain the artichokes and serve whole with the butter sauce adjacent in a small cup.
- To eat, pull off the leaves, dip the bottoms in the butter and eat the bottom tips.
- When you reach the heart, cut off the choke and eat the heart.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account
Fresh Artichokes with Lemon Butter Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.