RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Coconut Cupcakes (CAKE!)
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about some super delicious Gluten Free Coconut Cupcakes (Cake). Don asked for coconut; I wanted chocolate; our granddaughter Taevi didn’t have a preference, so I made both. I’ve already posted the Gluten Free Chocolate Cake, so now I’m writing up the Coconut ones. And today, they were nearly a disaster!
I decided to make both kinds of cupcakes for Taevi’s birthday party, and what happened? The darn oven stopped working! So in the middle of baking, I had to take them to my neighbor’s house to finish baking. Thankfully, she was home and we had a lovely visit.
And after I frosted the cupcakes with Basic Frosting and coconut, I had to try them, didn’t I? (sugar buzz here) … To combat all that sugar, I ate a bunch of green olives. I know. It probably doesn’t even things out, and I probably ate about a million calories, but what a delightful lunch.
You’re gonna wanna eat these cupcakes.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Gluten Free Coconut Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Beat the sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, coconut oil, and coconut milk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the two flours, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Pour the mixed dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix until blended.
- Add the boiling water and coconut and blend.
- For cupcakes, line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and ladle about 1/2 cup batter into each liner. Or, for a sheet cake, grease a 9" x 13" cake pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 20 minutes for cupcakes or 25 minutes for sheet cake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with Frosting and sprinkle some coconut on top, if desired.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.