Who knew gluten-free could be so amazing? These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are almost like energy bars.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite cookies. Lots of fat, no flour, not much sugar. So tasty. This is one of those old-fashioned recipes like Grandma used to make. In our household, the adults love this cookie, but the grandkids don't really like oatmeal in their cookies, and are generally not willing to try them. They just don't know what they are missing. All the more for me!
Options You Might Enjoy
I enjoy having these cookies without chocolate or nuts, as well as with all the chocolate and nuts. Some people in our family are allergic to tree nuts, so I make a whole batch without chocolate or nuts and bake one-third plain (that is, with neither chocolate nor nuts); one-third with chocolate but no nuts; and one-third with both chocolate and nuts. The cookies with both nuts and chocolate are much like an energy bar.
Here's how I do it. I mix up the basic batch of cookies, leaving the chocolate and nuts out. Then I bake one or two pans without the chocolate and nuts. Next, I add just the chocolate chips to the remaining cookie dough, mix thoroughly, and bake one or two pans with just chocolate. Finally, I add the nuts because that's the way Don prefers them. When I store the cookies, I keep the ones with nuts in a separate container.
This is my favorite way to have Peanut Butter Cookies. You're gonna wanna eat some of these cookies.
WHAT YOU NEED
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup turbinado sugar or white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter crunchy preferred
- 4-½ cups gluten-free rolled oats not quick cooking
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped; optional
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Mix the baking soda with the water. It will fizz. Dump this mixture into the cookie dough.
- Add the oats, sprinkle the salt evenly over the oats.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat for easy clean up.
- Drop by rounded tablepoons-full on the baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between the cookies (I used 2 cookies per row and baked 8 cookies per pan and that worked fine).
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until they turn a nice, golden brown.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for a minute or so before trying to move them to a cooling rack. They will hold together better.
- Cool on a rack and store in a covered container.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, SF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Lost Molasses Cookies
- Sadie's Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
- Danish Sugar Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Coconut Kiss Cookies
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Squares
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.