Harvest Butternut Squash Soup is one recipe you are going to want to try, now that it’s squash season. Butternut squash is one of the best kinds of squash to use in soup.
It’s time for Harvest Butternut Squash Soup.
Can you say, “Yum?” This Harvest Butternut Squash Soup is a scrumptious, savory squash soup that’s good for you. It’s vegan, gluten free, and low carb. We had this for supper yesterday, along with some of my Gluten Free White Bread (the BEST GF bread recipe, IMHO) and a simple Green Salad. What a delicious meal. And even though it’s made from scratch, it only takes about 45 minutes.
What You Need
You’ll need measuring cups and spoons, a good soup pot or Dutch oven, knives, cutting board, garlic press, and an immersion blender. Trust me on this one. You really want this kind of blender. The first time I made this recipe, I didn’t have one and I had to use a regular blender. What a mess. But now I do. Well, technically, DON has an immersion blender since I gave it to him for Christmas a few years ago. But I use it. (Don’tcha just love giving Christmas presents that you can use?)
Harvest Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Harvest Butternut Squash Soup
Savory Harvest Butternut Squash Soup. Easy. Low fat. Dairy free. Gluten free. The combination of spices makes it SO delicious.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme minced (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups non-dairy milk I used coconut
- Pepper to taste I used about 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Peel the squash, cut in half, and remove the seeds. Then cube the squash.
- Peel the potato, cube it.
- Steam the squash and potato cubes until tender (about 15 minutes).
- While the squash and potato are steaming, peel and chop the onions.
- In a Dutch Oven or soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions until the onions are transparent, but not browned (5-10 minutes).
- Mince the garlic. (I use a good garlic press and don't peel the garlic because the skin keeps the flesh from getting stuck in the holes.)
- Add the minced garlic to the onions and continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the spices.
- Add the squash, potatoes and one cup of non-dairy milk and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and continue cooking for a minute or two, stirring to mix.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture using the pulse function to purée until smooth.
- Add the remaining non-dairy milk and blend.
- Heat gently just before serving and garnish with a bit of parsley.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF (contains coconut), SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK & Grocery List?
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Smokin’ Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Gluten Free Butternut Squash Soup
- Gingery Butternut Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash Vichyssoise Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup (with Thyme, Sage & Basil)