Recipe Idea: Herb Citrus Pork Tenders
Don here. Full disclosure here. You need two recipes to make this recipe. Herb Citrus Pork Tenders (this recipe) and my Herb Citrus Marinade recipe.
I made the Herb Citrus Marinade with a lovely piece of pork tenderloin in mind. Tenderloin is, well, tender. And we love it. Some of our kids and grandkids were coming by for supper and I thought it would be a nice treat. I could let the meat marinate over night; then just pop it in the oven while we entertained the grandkids.
The beauty of marinating meat is an enhanced flavor and tenderness. Different marinades change the taste of the same cut of meat. This offers a way to have the same delicious cut of meat flavored differently for pairing with complementary vegetables and starches. Sometimes savory, sometimes sweet, sometimes spicy, sometimes citrus.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 4 lb whole pork tenderloin
- 1 cup [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/herb-citrus-marinade/” target=”_blank”]Herb Citrus Marinade[/url]
- Place the pork tenderloin in an oven-proof dish, just large enough to hold the tenderloin.
- Pour the Herb Citrus Marinade over the meat making sure that it is coated all over.
- Cover tightly and marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn the tenderloin once or twice during the marinating period to be sure all sides are well flavored.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Leave the tenderloin and marinade in the oven-proof dish and bake uncovered for about an hour or until a meat thermometer reads 170F in the center of the thickest part of the tenderloin.
- Remove from the oven and let stand a few minutes.
- Place on a serving platter and slice into ½ thick slices.
- Serve alongside a favorite vegetable and potato, rice or noodles.