Recipe Idea: Lemon Rice
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about easy peasy Lemon Rice. It comes from another awesome Moosewood Collective cookbook, Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special. I love the cookbook. And I love the rice. This recipe is part of a larger recipe in the cookbook, Lemon Rice and Seafood Salad. This is what the cookbook looks like:
I made the recipe awhile ago for a special event at Shiloh Quaker Camp, marking Shiloh’s 20-year birthday party. The party included debuting the brand new pond. Everyone had a blast and the food was SO good. It was a potluck, and I made this rice to go with chicken. It was gone in no time!
This dish is good with pork, chicken, seafood, anything! It’s as easy as boiling a pot of water.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups white or Basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon (about 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- Bring the water to boil over high heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cover and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve hot.