As 2021 comes to a close, it's time to look back, look forward and look up.
Where has your path taken you this year?
The past couple years have required many to pivot and reset their lives. The pandemic and widespread fear and negativity brought myriad unwelcome changes, but for some it helped them to pull back and re-evaluate the direction their lives were headed. Did that happen to you?
I watched parents I know discover new ways to support their families, both monetarily and emotionally. I saw a resurgence in spiritual connections. I connected with friends and family in new ways. I took time to read, meditate, and write. Through the isolation, I became laser focused on accomplishing a few goals and bringing positivity to my community.
Let's Look Back
It's time to look back on 2021 and toward your next adventure. Where have you been? Where are you going? Are you ready?
Sometimes when we check off our tasks as we finish them, we quickly forget how much effort it took to accomplish them, or even that we did them! And soon, the sense of accomplishment wanes. We wonder what we have accomplished, what difference we have made. It definitely happens to me!
Because I am a forgetful person, I write things down. I journal at the end of each day, writing the answers to the following questions in my personal copy of It Ain't Just The Diet FOOD JOURNAL: A Daily Guide To Finding & Managing Your Food Allergies (affiliate link) I love the small sized book, but it comes in two sizes.
- What challenge did you overcome today?
- What are you grateful for?
- What's the best thing that happened today?
I also write my daily tasks in a day planner, and I check them off as I do them. I really like the weekly planner, You Are A Badass (affiliate link). I can't say I love the title, it's a little too risquÃ© for this old woman, but the concept is empowering. And I love the yellow cover and the organization it brings to my life. I bought the same planner for next year. I do wish it had the year on the outside, though, because 2021 and 2022 have exactly the same covers.
So back to tracking of what I do. Keeping a daily planner not only keeps me organized so that I get things done, but it helps me to remember what I've accomplished. And that lifts my spirit.
Are you ready to review your year?
- List one thing you accomplished yesterday or last week.
- Write one thing you succeeded in last month.
- What's the best thing that you accomplished this year?
- Make a list of 10 things you did that helped you improve your mind or body.
- Write down how you helped someone.
Pat yourself on the back for every step you made. Everything you did mattered to someone!
Let's Look Forward
The new year is on the horizon. What are you looking forward to? What will you learn? How will you take care of yourself? How can I help you?
I must admit, I seldom set goals. I'm more of a task kinda person. However, since I have recently published three books, it's time to set some goals! So I'm putting it out to the universe: I want to positively impact at least 10,000 people by delivering excellent recipes, ideas and inspiration through my books, website and direct interaction.
Will you help me reach my goal while I help you?
What Can You Do Now?
You can take a few minutes to figure out what you want in your life in 2022, and how you want your world to develop. Put your request out to the universe. Make a list of your heart's desire (and it can be business, personal or a combination of the two), and be as specific as you can be. And tell me how I can help you. Here's what I suggest you do:
- Ponder and meditate about what you really want.
- Make a vision board (affiliate link) to help you see your goals.
- Write yourself a check that you will cash when you meet your monetary goals. Carry it around with you until you reach that goal.
- Tell everyone you know what you want the universe to provide.
- Ask for what you want and expect it to come true.
- Break down your goals into small tasks and schedule the tasks out over the year.
- Work on your highest priority tasks first!
- Envision yourself cashing that check or reaching your goal!
And here's how you can help me:
- Share and comment on my posts and recipes.
- Learn more and buy my books on Amazon. Learn more: Cookbook & Food Journal
- Subscribe to my newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Remember To Look Up
Nature and spirituality are important in elevating our own spirits and health. When we look up, we see the sky, birds, trees, and the heavens.
Lifting our head and eyes up not only invigorates our psyche, it straightens our posture and rejuvenates our health. It helps us to breathe deeply and release tension.
It betters our lives.
What Will You Do?
It's time to take care of yourself. Be grateful for all that you do have, have had, and will have.
- Look up and breathe.
- Look up and smile.
- Look up and wonder.
- Look up and say a blessing.
My blessing for you: May your 2022 be filled with good health, an abundance of love and much side-splitting laughter.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- 5 Seed Crackers (Gluten Free)
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- It Ain't Just The Diet That's Making You ¦
- How A Food Journal May Improve Your Health
- Stay Positive
- Ask For What You Want
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop December 21, 2021.