Mushroom Paté Petites. Tasty appetizer or side dish. Excellent and easy.
Mushroom Paté Petites
Don here. Lois and I love mushrooms any way they can be fixed. Lois found a recipe in Sharon O’Connor’s Menus and Music Bistro cookbook. But alas it called for milk and butter (of course, it’s French) and Lois has recently discovered she is allergic to milk products.
Coconut milk and oil to the rescue! Surprisingly coconut milk cooks much like cow’s milk in the custard mix, which holds the pâté together. While there is a hint of the coconut flavor, it is overpowered by the earthy flavor of the mushrooms. These Mushroom Paté Petites are a scrumptious appetizer or accompaniment for your meal. Serve them at a party and your guests will be impressed.
We love Sharon O’Connor’s cookbook. We have made lots of the recipes and they are all terrific, so we highly recommend it. And, it comes with a music CD.
Mushroom Paté Petites Recipe
Mushroom Paté Petites
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms (crimini) (chopped)
- 10 ounces white mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large whole egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Olive oil spray
- Spray four 3-inch diameter oven-proof ramekins with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Heat the peanut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms.
- Heat the coconut oil in the same skillet and when melted, return the mushrooms to the pan, cooking until they are lightly browned and all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the garlic and chives and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the coconut milk and oil, egg and egg yolks together until well blended.
- Add the mushrooms and stir.
- Pour into prepared ramekins and bake for 40-45 minutes, until tops are crusty and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let the pâtés cool to room temperature.
- Unmold and serve.
- Sprinkle the tops with fresh parsley.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Mushroom Paté Petites Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Stuffed Mushrooms (Vegetarian)
- Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- Stuffed Eggplant
- Lentil Rice Stuffed Eggplant
- Risotto Stuffed Peppers
- Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?