Recipe Idea: Pecan Chicken
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about some Pecan Chicken we made. Don and I are always looking for tasty ways to make old favorites, like chicken. This recipe originally came from AllRecipes.com, which is a terrific place to find delicious recipes. You can use chicken breasts or chicken tenders (which are smaller and cook faster) for this Pecan Chicken.
Pair it with a baked potato and a green vegetable and call it supper (or dinner, if you’re from the North). A whole chicken breast is too meat for me to eat, so I generally cut mine in half and save half for another meal. When you try the recipe, please let me know what you think by commenting below.
Note: My pecans in this Pecan Chicken were too big and did not evenly coat the chicken. Because of this, I suggest using a food processor to chop the pecans. But watch the processing carefully because you don’t want it to get moist like peanut butter. My chicken breasts were very thick and I suggest that if yours are, too, you should butterfly the chicken before coating it with the pecan mixture. This will allow the chicken to cook faster and you won’t burn the breaded/pecan crust. If you butterfly the chicken, double the nut mixture ingredients.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or gluten free baking mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Chop the pecans very small.
- Combine pecans, flour, and salt.
- Brush chicken breasts all over with maple syrup.
- Coat chicken breasts completely with nut mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in the vegetable oil.
- Add chicken, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until chicken is browned on all sides and tender.[br][url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png” width=”252″ height=”53″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”Recipe Idea Shop logo” alt=”RIS logo”][/url]