Prosciutto and Melon is such an easy appetizer. The salty Italian ham paired with the sweet cantaloupe melon is a perfect combination, too. Just add cocktails.
No need to salt your cantaloupe with a Prosciutto and Melon appetizer.
Answer this question. Did you even know some people put salt on cantaloupe? (It’s good.) This Prosciutto and Melon treat is even better and phenomenally easy. No cooking involved.
Just take a bit of Italian Prosciutto (remove the excess fat), wrap it around a piece of melon and stick a toothpick in it. If you use a melon baller and make the melon round, it will look pretty, but you can even cut them in little cubes, and it will look fine and taste super yummy.
Add a shrimp or two to your appetizer platter, along with some plain melon, and voila! It’s cocktail time.
What You Need
You need a melon baller or knife, toothpicks and a pretty plate. And prosciutto, of course. Get the good stuff.
Prosciutto and Melon RecipePrint
Prosciutto and Melon Appetizer
Cantaloupe wrapped in Prosciutto de Parma (ham). Oh my!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 12 Cantaloupe balls (about 1 cup of cantaloupe)
- 6 pieces Prosciutto ham ((thinly sliced))
- Cut the cantaloupe into wedges. Remove the seeds using a spoon. If you are making melon balls, there is no need to remove the rind.
- Using a melon baller, make 12 cantaloupe melon balls by spinning the tool into the flesh of the cantaloupe. Be careful not to include any of the rind.
- Alternately, you can cube the melon. If you are cubing the melon, cut the melon away from the rind and cut the melon into bite-sized pieces.
- Wrap one-half a piece of Prosciutto around each melon ball, securing it in place with a toothpick.
- Place the Prosciutto and Melon balls on a pretty platter and serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
Keywords: prosciutto and cantaloupe, Prosciutto and Melon, prosciutto wrapped melon
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Pickle Wraps
- Shrimp with Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Crab Roll Ups
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Deviled Eggs
- Coconut Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Spread Happiness
- Food Allergy, Sensitivity or Intolerance?
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES TO GET TIPS, RECIPES & FREE GIFTS
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop August 9, 2020 and updated March 21, 2021.