Recipe Idea: Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli. Even the kids will eat their veggies if you make them this way. Who ever thought vegetables could taste this good? This Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli recipe is one of our granddaughter Madeline’s favorites. It’s easy to make and abundantly flavorful. If you use foil on the pan, it’s easy to clean up, too.
I got this recipe from our oldest daughter, who found it online. I think roasting any vegetable brings out its flavor. Some are simply more robust; others get sweeter. The lemon, garlic and cheese make a delicious addition to Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli.
While you’re roasting the veggies, make a nice Grilled Pork Chop and a simple green salad for a quick, complete meal.
Now go eat your vegetables!
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean up).
- If you wash your broccoli, make sure the broccoli is very dry.
- Spread it out on the foil in one layer.
- Splash the olive oil over the broccoli and stir to assure it is all nicely covered.
- Slice the garlic cloves and spread them out around the broccoli.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- The broccoli should be a little bit browned on the tips when you take it out.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and lemon juice and serve hot.