RECIPE IDEA: Sweet Roasted Carrots
Hi, it's Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about Sweet Roasted Carrots. These Sweet Roasted Carrots are the perfect accompaniment to chicken, pork or fish. Absolutely scrumptious! And only four ingredients.
Roasting carrots and other vegetables brings out the sugars, caramelizing and sweetening them. But I also added honey to our carrots. If I want them to be a bit more flavorful, I subsitute maple syrup for the honey. I made them in the oven (thank goodness for air conditioning), but you could also make them on the outside grill or on top of the stove.
I think kids would definitely not need convincing to eat these yummy carrots. What do you think? I think you're gonna wanna eat this.
The good thing is, you don't really need any special tools. These are the tools I used: peeler, chef's knife, cutting board, mixing spoons, bowl, jelly roll pan. What kind of vegetable peeler do you use? Comment below.
Sweet Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound of carrots peeled, trimmed, and cut in rounds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, honey (or syrup), and salt unti blended.
- Add the carrots and stir until they are thoroughly coated.
- Bake in a 425F degree oven in a single layer for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through (put parchment paper on the baking sheet for easy clean up).