Tortilla Casserole. Vegetarian. Cheesy. Super good. And easy.
Tortilla Casserole (Vegetarian)
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. This Tortilla Casserole originally comes from Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant, and you can bet it’s good! It’s a very tasty side dish, and simple to make.
I added some red peppers and summer squash (yellow and green) to jazz it up a bit and I was happy I did. Plenty of protein for the vegetarians to eat this as their main dish, too.
Tortilla Casserole (Vegetarian) Recipe
Cheesy, simple Tortilla Casserole.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 zucchini squash (sliced and quartered)
- 1 yellow squash (sliced and quartered)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano or basil
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 10 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add the oregano, red pepper and squash and cook another 10 minutes or so until they soften.
- Stir in the garlic and tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2-inch strips and stir them into the mixture.
- Add the cream, Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered in a buttered casserole dish for 30 minutes.
- Top with the grated Monterey Jack cheese and return it to the oven for 5-10 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
- If you like, add salsa when you serve it.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Tortilla Casserole (Vegetarian) Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Beef Enchiladas
- Taco Casserole with Black Beans and Tortilla Chips
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Mexican Layered Dip
- Parmesan Squash Casserole
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole
- Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes Casserole
- Sausage Egg Casserole