Creamy and delicious, but it takes a little while to make it.
Hi. It’s Lois. Risotto is a creamy rice side dish or you can eat it as a main dish. It is made from Arborio rice. I made some on Saturday night to accompany Italian Chicken and Indian Ratatouille and, of course, it was yummy. Since it takes about 45 minutes to make it, I don’t make it often. I’m mostly a “quick cook” and I try to prepare a meal in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 cups water + 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cinnamon basil (or regular fresh basil), chopped (optional)
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the oil; continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add the basil and then add the broth, one cup at a time, until the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- [b]Idea: [/b]Add 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese at the end and stir until melted. [br] [url href=”http://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg”][img src=”http://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg” width=”300″ height=”63″ class=”alignleft size-medium” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″ alt=”Recipe Idea Shop logo”][/url]