Recipe Idea: Hasselback Baked Potatoes
Hi. Don here. Lois found this one on Pinterest and I was recruited to prepare it for our dinner guests for Movie Night at our home. It’s quick and a different way to serve baked potatoes. (As originally from www.foodgawker.com.) Our guests raved about them. We think it’s a terrific alternative to Mashed Potatoes for Thanksgiving, too.
- 4 large russet or Idaho baking potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Slice the potatoes across the short dimension nearly all the way through about ⅛ inch apart.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Spritz with the olive oil. (I use a pump sprayer from Pampered Chef.)
- Sprinkle with generous portions of freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about an hour until done.
- To serve, place on a platter with a sharp knife and let your guests cut off which ever size portions they want.
- To make it more elegant, serve sour cream and chives on the side. Or shredded cheddar cheese.