Chocolate Coconut Pecan Tassies. The. Best. Cookie. Ever. I could eat lots of these.
Chocolate Coconut Pecan Tassies
I think my new favorite dessert cookbook is Small Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers by Debby Maugans. These Chocolate Coconut Pecan Tastes are awesome, and perfect for National Pecan Day, July 12. This recipe is adapted from Debby’s recipe. I made it gluten free.
The recipe calls for mini muffin tins. I didn’t have mini muffin tins, so I made them in standard muffin tins. Unfortunately, I didn’t bake them long enough, so the “first time” we tried them, they weren’t fabulous. But later on that same evening I put them back in the oven for about 20 minutes and that did the trick. They were amazing. Every time I make them, they get better and better.
If you would like to make them gluten free, substitute Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour for the flour in the recipe (equal amount). I think it’s the best of all the baking mixes, even the other varieties that Bob’s Red Mill offers.
What You Need
You will need measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, an electric mixer, and muffin pans. Make them in mini muffin tins because they are high in calories.
Chocolate Coconut Pecan Tassies Recipe
Chocolate Coconut Pecan Tassies
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (divided, softened)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (use separately)
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour (or white flour if you don't need GF)
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour (or white flour if you don't need GF)
- 1 teaspoon well-beaten egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans toasted
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
Put 1/2 the chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave for about 1 minute until just softened. (Time may vary depending on your microwave. I do 30 seconds/30 seconds and stir in between.)
- Stir to evenly distribute the heat and make sure the chocolate is melted.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a deep mixing bowl, place 1 ounce of cream cheese, the butter and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Add the cooled chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and beat until combined.
- Roll the dough into 6 balls and place in a greased mini muffin tin (Debby says to put them in ungreased tins, but I'm afraid they would stick).
- Press the dough into the bottoms and up the sides of the muffin cups.
- Set aside.
- Clean the mixing bowl.
- Place the rest of the cream cheese, sugar, beaten egg white (I used egg substitute) and vanilla in the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spoon this mixture into the prepared dough cups.
- Bake until the filling begins to brown on the top, about 20 minutes (40 for full-size muffin tins).
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- After they are cool, take a sharp knife and loosen the tassies from the tins and remove them to a separate plate.
- While the tassies are baking, melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave. I added about a teaspoon of butter to them. Whisk until combined and smooth. (The butter allows you to drizzle the chocolate easier.)
- When the tassies are cooled, drizzle each one with a bit of the melted chocolate.
- Serve warm.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (Don’s Favorite!)
- Gluten Free Danish Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
- Gluten Free Shortbread
- Gluten Free Mexican Wedding Cakes
- Lost Molasses Cookies
- Coconut Kisses