Recipe Idea: Spinach and Orange Salad—Simple and Delicious
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. I am a big fan of fruit and toasted nuts on salads. Pairing mandarin oranges with baby spinach and toasted pine nuts in this Spinach and Orange Salad is a hit at our house. The salad is very refreshing and makes it feel like spring is right around the corner.
This salad is quick to make and goes well with chicken, pork or my Caribbean Rice Salad. Add some of Brianna’s Poppyseed Dressing (it’s vegan and full of healthy ingredients), and you will love it, too.
Read on for recipe and nutrition information…
Brianna’s brand salad dressings, especially the Poppy Seed Dressing, is absolutely decadent. It is especially good on Spinach Salad. And if you haven’t tried Pine Nuts, you are really missing out. They are kind of buttery tasting. Toasting them makes them even better.
- 1/2 a small can of Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 to 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- Place the spinach on an individual salad plate
- Arrange 4 or 5 orange slices on the spinach
- Add a teaspoon of toasted pine nuts (or any nut you like)
- Top with your favorite salad dressing
- To toast the pine nuts, either broil them in a toaster oven (watch carefully; they burn easily) or heat them in a dry skillet over high heat, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until browned.[br] [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png” width=”252″ height=”53″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”Recipe Idea Shop logo” alt=”RIS logo”][/url]