Spinach and Orange Salad with Pine Nuts is a simple salad that is refreshing and easy.
Spinach and Orange Salad—Tasty
Hi. It's Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. I am a big fan of fruit and toasted nuts on salads. Pairing mandarin oranges with baby spinach and toasted pine nuts in this Spinach and Orange Salad is a hit at our house. It's refreshing and makes it feel like spring is here.
This salad is quick to make and goes well with chicken, pork or my Caribbean Rice Salad.
We like to top it with Brianna's Poppyseed Dressing, and think you will love it, too. Brianna's brand salad dressings, especially the Poppy Seed Dressing, are absolutely decadent. It is especially good on Spinach Salad. And if you haven't tried pine nuts, you are really missing out. They are kind of buttery tasting. Toasting them makes them even better. Don't let the pine nuts sit around long, though. They tend to get rancid easily.
What You Need
For this salad, you really don't need any tools, except maybe a salad spinner to clean your spinach. Get yourself some pretty dinnerware and a delicious salad dressing.
Spinach and Orange Salad Recipe
Spinach and Orange Salad
- ½ 6.5- ounce can Mandarin orange slices drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves trimmed and washed
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons salad dressing
- Place the spinach on an individual salad plate.
- Arrange 4 or 5 orange slices on the spinach.
- Add a teaspoon of toasted pine nuts (or any nut you like).
- Top with your favorite salad dressing.
- Toasting Nuts
- To toast the pine nuts, either broil them in a toaster oven (watch carefully; they burn easily) or heat them in a dry skillet over high heat, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until browned.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, SF, EF, CF, V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Crunchy Sweet Spinach Salad
- Simple Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Wilted Lettuce Salad
- Avocado Raspberry Salad
- Pear and Walnut Salad
- Gluten Free Dairy Free White Bread
- Five Seed Crackers (Gluten Free)
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Leave a Reply