Easy Baked Apples. Pie without the crust.
Easy Baked Apples, Apple Pie Without the Crust
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen, telling you about my Easy Baked Apples. I love them. They are a comfort food, for sure. Just 10 minutes prep and pop them in the oven for about 45 minutes. Eight ingredients. Yummy apple pie without the crust.
I work for the Center for International Stabilization and Recovery at James Madison University. Yesterday, we welcomed a Jordanian landmine survivor, Kamel Al-Sa’adi, during a special potluck dinner. Kamel is visiting JMU to present a program about surviving his landmine accident tomorrow night during our week-long Post-conflict Recovery Week event.
I brought these delicious Baked Apples to the dinner. They are easy to make, not too sweet and diabetic friendly. Baked Apples are especially good in the fall when the apples are fresh and the air is crisp.
Get yourself an Apple Corer. It will make this recipe even easier!
Easy Baked Apples Recipe
Baked Apples Recipe
Apple pie without the crust.
- 4 Granny Smith apples (washed and cored)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts toasted and chopped()
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (craisins)
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats (oatmeal)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Heat oven to 375F degrees.
Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a bowl.
- Divide the filling evenly among the apples.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until soft but still slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
Baked Apples Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Crumbly Top Apple Pie
- Apple Crisp
- Libby’s Pumpkin Pie
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie
- Don’s Blueberry Pie
- Crumbly Top Blueberry Pie
- Molasses Pumpkin Pecan Ginger Pie
- Don’s Famous Favorite Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?