Easy Baked Apples. Almost like pie, but without the hassle of making a crust. A simply scrumptious dessert that is ready to eat in an hour. So easy, a child can make it.
My Easy Baked Apples recipe requires just 8 ingredients. I love this dessert. It is comfort food, for sure. Just 10 minutes prep and pop them in the oven for about 45 minutes. Eight ingredients. I usually bake them while we eat so they are ready and warm when it’s time for dessert.
I often bring these delicious Baked Apples to community potluck dinners. They are easy to make, not too sweet and diabetic friendly. Baked Apples are especially good in the fall when the apples are fresh and the air is crisp.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a casserole dish, knives or apple corer, and measuring cups and spoons. I recommend you get yourself an Apple Corer. It will make this recipe even easier!
Easy Baked Apples Recipe
Baked Apples Recipe
Apple pie without the crust.
- 4 Granny Smith apples (washed and cored)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts toasted and chopped()
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (craisins)
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats (oatmeal)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Heat oven to 375F degrees.
Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a bowl.
- Divide the filling evenly among the apples.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until soft but still slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
Baked Apples Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Crumbly Top Apple Pie
- Apple Crisp
- Libby’s Pumpkin Pie
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie
- Don’s Blueberry Pie
- Crumbly Top Blueberry Pie
- Molasses Pumpkin Pecan Ginger Pie
- Don’s Famous Favorite Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie