A 30-minute meal, this Black Bean Chili is delicious and easy on the tummy.
Black Bean Chili: Tasty Anytime
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a super good Black Bean Chili. Not only is it delicious, but you can make this Black Bean Chili in 30 minutes or less. I topped mine with a few scallions, and it really hit the spot.
Eat your Black Bean Chili with some tortilla chips for added depth. Chili is one of those meals I can easily make from items in my pantry. I admit, however, that today I ran to the grocery store because I didn’t have any ground beef or scallions, and I wanted both. Sometimes I make Black Bean Chili without meat; it can easily be made to fit a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle.
Check out the recipe.
Black Bean Chili Takes Just 30 Minutes
What’s your go-to quick meal? Do you make chili? We have several other chili recipes available. Sometimes I make these: Black Eyed Peas White Bean Chili, Coconut Chili, Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili, or my favorite, Traditional Chili with Ground Beef. Some people like to add shredded cheese to the top. Don likes macaroni in his chili (then it’s Chili Mac).
I find that black beans are more digestible than others. If you follow the Eat Right For Your Blood Type suggestions, you may find that one kind of bean works better for you than another. I discovered that any kind of bean besides the black bean can make me uncomfortable. Try switching to a different kind of bean if you have a similar problem. What kinds of beans do you like in your chili?
Make Your Black Bean Chili A Little Hotter With Paprika
Seriously? Paprika? Until recently, I thought all paprika was sweet! Nope. Some of it is hot, and super tasty. If you would like your Black Bean Chili a little hotter, but like Don, you don’t like Cayenne Pepper, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of Hungarian Hot Paprika. It’s amazing.
Black Bean Chili Recipe
Black Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground beef 93/7 fat content
- 2 14.5- ounce cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5- ounce can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6- ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 scallions sliced, white and tender green parts only
- In a mediium pot, heat the oil to hot and then add the onion and green pepper.
- Sauté onion and green pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and continue cooking until the meat is crumbled and brown all the way through.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes and cook about 7 minutes until hot throughout.
- Top with sliced scallions when serving.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Black Eyed Peas White Bean Chili
- Coconut Chili
- Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili
- Traditional Chili with Ground Beef
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?