Black Bean Corn Pasta Salad. The light, sweet and savory vinaigrette makes it delectable. Super easy.
Black Bean Corn Pasta Salad (Gluten Free and Vegan)
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a delightful vegan, gluten free pasta salad, Black Bean Corn Pasta Salad, that I made recently for Quaker potluck. It was nearly gone after the lunch; obviously, everyone liked it. It was such a good combination. Comfort food for vegans, or anyone. I do like black beans and corn together. The dressing really made the dish. It could easily be used to any kind of bean or chickpea salad.
Fresh Herbs Add Depth
I added some flatleaf parsley from my garden. I love being able to just step out my door and get fresh herbs. Only the early herbs—parsley, cilantro and oregano—are ready to cut. I’m not a big fan of dried parsley. (It tastes like grass to me…how do I know what grass tastes like? I don’t know, but I must have tried it as a kid.) But I do like fresh parsley (either kind).
Gluten Free Pasta
I used a brown rice pasta, which made it gluten free. (You can use regular wheat pasta if you don’t need to make it gluten free.) My favorite gluten free pasta is the gluten free pasta by Bionaturae. The one I have on hand is made with rice, potato and soy. It takes a little longer to cook it than wheat pasta, but it can be cooked al dente and it has a terrific flavor.
This salad is super easy to make. When you give it a try, be sure to comment how you like it and if you made any changes to it! I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
What You Need
You will need pots and pans, a colander, knives, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls and a beautiful dish to serve it in. And gluten free pasta if you are making it gluten free. Whatever you buy, get the best tools you can afford so they last a lifetime.
Bean Corn Pasta Salad Recipe
Black Bean Corn Pasta Salad
- 1 cup gluten free pasta shells
- 1 15- ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley or curly parsley, if you prefer
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey warmed slightly to help it mix easier
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook the pasta in a pot of water until al dente (about 12 minutes)
- Drain and rinse the pasta.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the black beans, corn, parsley and red pepper.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, warm the honey for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder and whisk to blend.
Combine and Refrigerate
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and mix to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Bean Corn Pasta Salad Nutrition
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Gluten Free Pasta Niçoise Salad
- French Barley Salad
- Barley Apple Walnut Salad
- Brown Rice Salad with Cranberries and Nuts
- Barley Risotto
- White Bean and Barley Stew
- Chicken Squash and Barley Casserole