Recipe Idea: Easy Fried Chicken (Almost Gluten Free)
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about Easy Fried Chicken. I’d say this would be the Northern variety of fried chicken because it’s quick and easy, and I start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (For real, Southern Fried Chicken, you have to go to The Southern Inn in Lexington, Virginia.)
I like a cornflake crust on my chicken and fish. I think it’s much better than using bread crumbs or cornmeal (although both of those are good too), and the advantage is that it’s (almost) gluten free (it contains malt flavoring).
For this recipe, I also used coconut milk instead of cow’s milk (simply because I had some open and wanted to use it up). Southerners would tell you to use buttermilk. But my chicken was very good. And yours can be, too. Serve it with Coleslaw for a real, down home meal.
You’re gonna wanna eat this chicken.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Easy Fried Chicken (Almost Gluten Free)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cow's milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- salt and pepper optional
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Dip it in the coconut milk, then dredge it through the cornflake crumbs until it is well covered on all sides.
- Fry it in the olive oil on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes per side until the outside is nice and brown and the chicken is cooked through (no red or blood).
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.