Easy Fried Chicken takes just 30 minutes. Juicy, delicious homemade chicken. You got this. So tasty with steamed broccoli and rice or traditional potatoes and coleslaw.
Easy Fried Chicken is a 30-minute meal.
I'd say this would be the Northern variety of fried chicken because it's quick and easy, and I start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (For real, Southern Fried Chicken, you have to go to The Southern Inn in Lexington, Virginia.)
I like a cornflake crust on my chicken and fish. I think it's much better than using bread crumbs or cornmeal (although both of those are good too), and the advantage is that it's (almost) gluten-free (it contains malt flavoring). I can live with a tiny bit of gluten since I don't have celiac disease.
For this recipe, I also used coconut milk instead of cow's milk (simply because I had some open and wanted to use it up). Southerners would tell you to use buttermilk. But my chicken was very good. And yours can be, too.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need measuring cups and spoons, a couple of flat dishes for dipping the chicken before cooking, and a good skillet. Do yourself a favor and buy the best kitchen tools you can afford.
Easy Fried Chicken Recipe (Almost Gluten Free)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup cornflake crumbs
- ½ cup coconut milk or cow's milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- salt and pepper optional
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Dip it in the coconut milk, then dredge it through the cornflake crumbs until it is well covered on all sides.
- Fry it in the olive oil on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes per side until the outside is nice and brown and the chicken is cooked through (no red or blood).
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
More Tasty Recipes
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Fried Chicken Tenders
- How To Make Spatchcocked Chicken
- Easy Oven Roasted Spatchcocked Chicken
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!