Marinated Beef with Avocados is a terrific light dish for any party, tailgate or picnic. Such an elegant meal for that romantic lunch!
Marinated Beef with Avocados and Onions
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about our amazing Super Bowl Sunday meal, Marinated Beef with Avocados and Onions. Oh my goodness. It’s SO good. Add a glass of wine, a couple of pieces of French Bread, and a wonderful dessert, such as My Best Carrot Cake (Gluten Free!), and you have one fabulous meal.
Marinated Beef with Avocados and Onions is easy to make, since you can buy sliced roast beef at the deli, but you have to marinate it a few hours or overnight. So start the day before you want to eat it! The recipe comes from a 1970’s cookbook produced by the Junior League of Chicago. Don used to often make this and take it to picnics in Ravinia Park in Chicago. He calls it “Ravinia Marinated Beef.”
What did you have to eat for the game?
Marinated Beef with Avocados with Onions Recipe
Marinated Beef with Avocados
Simple luncheon or light supper meal.
Layered Beef & Avocados
- 2 avocados cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 pounds sliced roast beef cooked rare
- 1 red onion sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Arrange avocados, beef, and onion in layers.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and pour over the layered avocados, beef and onion.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve along a good French Bread.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Marinated Beef and Avocados with Onions Nutrition
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Slow Cooker Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Pot Roast
- Marinated Flank Steak
- How to Make a NY Strip Steak
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.