Roasted Potatoes and Mushrooms have a robust flavor with excellent nutritional value. And you're gonna love them.
Roasted Potatoes and Mushrooms - a tasty addition to any meal
Roasting just about anything makes the food taste so much better, don’t you agree? September is National Mushroom Month and National Potato Month. So this Roasted Potatoes and Mushrooms recipe is spot on.
The mushrooms in this recipe are especially yummy. The basic idea for Roasted Vegetables is to have rather uniform sizes for whatever vegetables you choose, toss them in olive or canola oil, add a little salt and pepper and some spices like basil, rosemary or tarragon (or maybe all three), and bake them in a 450F degree oven for 20-40 minutes (depending on the size of the veggies), turning halfway through to make sure everything browns evenly.
Easy. Good for you. And amazing flavor! Some vegetables cook faster than others, so always separate the vegetables so like vegetables are together in your pan.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a jelly roll pan, knives, a cutting board, a big bowl, and measuring spoons. Save yourself some headaches and buy quality tools. You will never be sorry. Also helpful for this recipe is parchment paper. But what you really want is a beautiful set of dishes, right?
Roasted Potatoes and Mushrooms Recipe
- ½ pound whole baby portobello mushrooms (washed and patted dry)
- 4-6 small Yukon Gold potatoes (washed and quartered)
- ½ medium red onion (cut in chunks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (chopped OR ½ to 1 teaspoon dried herbs such as oregano, thyme, rosemary or basil)
- Mix all of the ingredients together until the vegetables are well coated with oil.
- Spread them in a single layer on a jelly roll pan (or a cookie sheet).
- Bake at 450F degrees for 40 minutes, stirring midway.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Pumpkin Pie
- Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin
- Indian Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin
- Roasted Sweet Dumpling Squash
- Roasted Vegetables
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Leave a Reply