Five Seed Crackers (Gluten Free, Vegan, Oil Free, Paleo and Keto Friendly) are simply the best gluten free cracker out there. It's an easy recipe you are going to love.
Five Seed Crackers are my new favorite snack.
My friend Jan gave me this Five Seed Crackers recipe. I can truly say I love them. They are super easy to make, crispy, and flavorful. When you try them, you will never want to buy commercial snack crackers again. It takes about 1½ hours to make them, but most of it is just baking. Made with—get this—5 different seeds, plus some water, salt, and spices, they take about 5 minutes to measure, pour and stir. Then you let them stand 15 minutes to soak up the water and get gelatinous, pour them onto a baking sheet, and pop them in the oven.
The original recipe comes from Quite Good Food and it is their number-one recipe, for two years running. I suggest you go check out Amber's website. The recipes look super good. Lots of vegan and gluten free recipes for you.
What Makes the Crackers Stick Together?
Chia seeds soak up water and get jellylike, and it binds the other seeds together. Simple. And no gluten or egg is needed. I like that. Don't you? It's such a simple recipe—just 5 different kinds of seeds, water, and a few spices.
Just measure, dump, mix, wait a few minutes, spread the mixture on a cookie sheet, bake, cool, and eat.
What You Need
You will need a bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a rubber spatula, one or two baking sheets, and parchment paper or a silicone mat for easy clean up. You will also need an airtight container to put the baked crackers in to keep them fresh. But they probably won't last very long because they are just that good.
Five Seed Crackers REcipe - Gluten Free
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds can be white or black or a mixture
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs Italian seasoning, rosemary, thyme or your choice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional, but I suggest you add them!
- Dump all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Let the bowl stand for about 15 minutes until the water is mostly absorbed. Stir.
- Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet (or two sheets if you like your crackers thinner).
- Spread the seed mixture evenly over the baking sheet(s). I use a rubber spatula to make sure the mixture is spread evenly.
- Bake at 340F degrees for a total of 60-70 minutes, turning the pan halfway through to make sure it bakes evenly.
- If you are using two baking sheets, the timing will be about 1 hour. If you are using one tray, you will need to bake the crackers a few minutes longer.
- Bake until the crackers are just starting to brown. Then remove them from the oven. If you bake them until they are nicely browned across the whole top, they will have a slightly different flavor, which is also excellent. So try them both ways and see what you like best.
- Let the crackers cool. Then break them into shards.
- Or, if you prefer square crackers, take them out of the oven after 30 minutes and cut them into squares, returning them to the oven to finish baking for the remaining 30-40 minutes.
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Other Recipes To Try
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!