RECIPE IDEA: Flounder in Scallion and Ginger Sauce
Don here. This recipe for Flounder in Scallion and Ginger Sauce is a great dish for when you're in the mood for fish. It is an easy, low-fat, tasty baked fish recipe. The idea came from the South Beach Diet Cookbook by Dr. Arthur Agatson, MD. Whether or not you are trying to shed a few pounds I suggest you try this dish.
You can make the marinade ahead so when you get home from work just heat the oven and pour the marinade over the flounder filets. Start a vegetable and by the time the oven is at temperature the flounder will have absorbed the tangy flavor. I used flounder here but you can try it with any white fish like cod, sole or orange roughy.
To serve, place the flounder on plates, add steamed broccoli flowerets and cottage cheese with tomato wedges sprinkled with celery salt.
Read on for the recipe and nutrition information...
Flounder in Scallion and Ginger Sauce
- ⅓ C vermouth
- 3 T lite soy sauce
- 2 t sesame oil
- ¼ C finely chopped scallions or green onions
- ½ t ground Chinese ginger
- 1 t finely chopped garlic
- 2 - 4 flounder fillets about a pound for 2 servings
- Heat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients except the flounder in a small bowl.
- Place the flounder in an oven-proof dish. (If using frozen fish, be sure to thaw it first.)
- Drizzle the marinade over the fish and let it sit for 15 minutes or more.
- Bake for 12 minutes.