Love, love, love Fried Chicken Tenders. So juicy it’s a jubilee when you eat it. Kids love these, too.
Fried Chicken Tenders
Don here. I really enjoy Fried Chicken but making it at home has always been a disappointment—until now! I saw Chef John’s Honey-Brined Fried Chicken Breast recipe on All Recipes. Using his recipe, and making a few changes, I created great Fried Chicken Tenders at home.
I have also used the same buttermilk and flour coating technique for scallops and fish with great success.
TOOLS EVERY WELL-EQUIPPED KITCHEN NEEDS
Every kitchen should have the very best tools you can afford. At the least, buy yourself a good set of pans, a slow cooker, an Instant Pot, measuring cups and spoons, and the best set of chef’s knives you can afford. Also be sure to get a full sized food processor and a mini food processor. These tools are essential for any well-equipped kitchen!
Fried Chicken Tenders Recipe
Fried Chicken Tenders Recipe
This recipe requires soaking the chicken overnight. There are 2 15-minute resting periods during the preparation, as well.
- 8 skinless chicken tenders. (Thaw first if frozen.)
- 3 cups cold water (enough to cover all the tenders)
- ¼ cup sea salt
- ¼ cup honey (I had some local honey infused with orange, but any good quality honey will do.)
- ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon powdered garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- some cayenne pepper if you like your chicken spicy (optional)
- 1 cup (or so) vegetable oil (enough vegetable oil to fill your skillet to about 1 inch deep)
Put the chicken into a bowl and cover them completely with water.
- Stir in the salt and honey until the salt is dissolved.
- Weigh the tenders down with a plate to keep them completely submerged.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the tenders, remove them from the fridge, drain and dry them.
- Place the tenders in a bowl and cover them with buttermilk.
- Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes or so.
- In a flat dish mix the flour, pepper, garlic, onion and cayenne.
- Dip each tender in the flour mixture turning them until they are well coated.
- Place the coated tenders on a cooling rack to dry for 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet to 350 F.
- Cook the tenders turning once until they are browned.
- Usually 5 minutes per side will thoroughly cook them until there is no pink left in the center.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Fried Chicken Tenders Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?