Ginger Pot Roast with Ginger Snap Gravy is an excellent Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Roast that makes a hearty meal, which is especially inviting on cold evenings. It’s an easy slow cooker recipe you are going to love.
Ginger Pot Roast With Ginger Snap Gravy
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, giving you a new slow cooker recipe, Ginger Pot Roast with Ginger Snap Gravy, a slow cooker ginger beef roast. I got the idea from my neighbor Diane, who told me fondly of her grandmother’s Ginger Snap Gravy. When she explained it to me, I decided to try the gravy with a slow cooker Pot Roast.
I love ginger in stir fry, with chicken, in vegetables and in desserts. So I thought I would like this too. And I was right! It was very tasty and unusual, a nice change of pace for a cold day.
I cooked the dish on highin the slow cooker for an hour; then turned it down to low for three hours. If you don’t have a programmable slow cooker, and you want to make this dish without fuss, I suggest cooking it on low for about seven hours. You can use a cheap light timer to turn your slow cooker on at the right time and come home to a nearly finished meal. All you have to do is make the gravy before serving, and that takes just a few minutes.
You will need ginger snaps to make this amazing pot roast. Get them on Amazon.
Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Pot Roast with Ginger Snap Gravy Recipe
Ginger Pot Roast with Ginger Snap Gravy
- 1 small chuck roast 2 pounds
- 6 carrots peeled and cut in chunks
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut in chunks
- 6 stalks of celery cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups beef stock
- Pam to spray the pot
- 8 ginger snap cookies
Meat & Vegetables Directions
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Brown the meat slightly on both sides.
- Spray a 6-quart crockpot with Pam cooking spray.
- Transfer the meat to the crockpot.
- Cook the onion in the frying pan until transparent and slightly browned.
- Add the carrots and brown them slightly.
- Dump the onions, carrots, potatoes, celery and spices into the crockpot.
- Add the beef stock. Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn it down to low and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the broth. Place them in a warm oven to keep hot while you make the gravy.
- Pour the broth into a saucepan.
- Crush the ginger cookies (I used a small food processor) and dump them into the broth.
- Cook on medium high until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with meat and vegetables immediately.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Roast with Ginger Snap Gravy Nutrition Information
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Don’s Pot Roast
- Winter Pot Roast
- Easy Oven Roasted Spatchcocked Chicken
- Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- Slow Cooker Middle Eastern Chickpea and Lentil Soup