Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple. The flavor takes you right to the islands, mon.
Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple
Here’s an awesome way to have pineapple on National Piña Colada Day (July 10), Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple. This easy recipe is a simple way to enjoy fresh pineapple. It tastes just like the delicious drink. I love to make it for dessert.
It makes me feel like I am in Costa Rica at one of the Tikka restaurants. A-MAZ-ING! The recipe comes from 100 Grilling Recipes You Can’t Live Without by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Don enjoys this cookbook. He’s our grillmaster.
This grilled pineapple makes a good dessert or side dish. The only problem is the waiting. You have to marinate it for an hour or more to let the flavors seep into the pineapple.
What You Need
Obviously, you’ll need a grill. We prefer a nice gas grill, but charcoal will work, too. And you need knives, measuring cups and measuring spoons. But what about some nice Fiesta dishes? Remember, your tools should last a lifetime so buy the best you can afford.
Grilled Pineapple Recipe
Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple
Forget the drink; eat the pineapple.
- 1 whole fresh pineapple (skin removed, cored and cut into spears)
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or juice of one lime)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- lime slices for garnish
Mix the rum, juice, coconut milk and nutmeg (or mace) until well blended.
- Put the pineapple spears in a large Ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade over the pineapple, zip the bag closed and squish it a bit to make sure the pineapple is evenly coated.
- Let sit on the counter for 60 or more minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the pineapple spears about 4-6 minutes per side until they are starting to brown.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve warm.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Grilled Pineapple Nutrition Label. Each serving is about 1/6 a pineapple.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Strawberries Romanoff
- Fruit Compote and Whipped Cream
- Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait
- Holiday Fruit Cocktail Salad
- Sautéed Apples
- Blueberry Compote