Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple. The flavor takes you right to the islands, mon.
Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple
Here’s an awesome way to have pineapple, Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple. This easy recipe is a simple way to enjoy fresh pineapple. It tastes just like the delicious drink. I love to make it for dessert.
It makes me feel like I am in Costa Rica at one of the Tikka restaurants. A-MAZ-ING! The recipe comes from 100 Grilling Recipes You Can’t Live Without (affiliate link) by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Don enjoys this cookbook. He’s our grillmaster.
This grilled pineapple makes a good dessert or side dish. The only problem is the waiting. You have to marinate it for an hour or more to let the flavors seep into the pineapple.
What You Need
Obviously, you’ll need a grill. We prefer a nice gas grill (affiliate link), but charcoal will work, too. And you need knives, measuring cups and measuring spoons. But what about some nice Fiesta dishes? Remember, your tools should last a lifetime so buy the best you can afford.
Grilled Pineapple RecipePrint
Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple
Forget the drink; eat this Piña Colada Pineapple.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 22 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert, Fruit, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Central American
- 1 whole fresh pineapple (skin removed, cored and cut into spears)
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or juice of one lime)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- lime slices for garnish
- Mix the rum, juice, coconut milk and nutmeg (or mace) until well blended.
- Put the pineapple spears in a large Ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade over the pineapple, zip the bag closed and squish it a bit to make sure the pineapple is evenly coated.
- Let sit on the counter for 60 or more minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the pineapple spears about 4-6 minutes per side until they are starting to brown.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve warm.
Keywords: Grilled Piña Colada Pineapple, Grilled Pineapple
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, SF, EF, CF, V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Strawberries Romanoff
- Fruit Compote and Whipped Cream
- Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait
- Holiday Fruit Cocktail Salad
- Sautéed Apples
- Blueberry Compote
- Are You Gluten Intolerant?
- It Ain’t Just The Diet!
Sign Up For Updates To Get Tips, Recipes & Free Gifts
I think you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates to get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop July 7, 2015 and updated June 8, 2021.