Grilled Scallops a la Penzeys is a simple, 10-minute way to make fish. You won’t believe how easy they are to make.
It’s June and that means National Seafood Month, so I’m talking about Grilled Scallops a la Penzeys. Scallops are a favorite at our house. They are quick to prepare (10 minutes) and so scrumptious. We keep a bag of them in the freezer so when the urge strikes, we can have scallops, deliciously and quickly prepared.
If I forget to take the scallops out of the freezer in the morning, I put the frozen scallops, 3 to 5 per person, in a plastic bag and submerge them in warm water for about 15 minutes until they thaw. I tried cooking scallops frozen—not a good idea—too well done on the outside and undercooked in the center.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need measuring spoons and a good sauté pan. Our daughter-in-law gave us a collection of Penzeys Spices for Christmas. I’ve been trying them on various foods. For Grilled Scallops a la Penzeys I used Fox Point Seasoning. It’s perfect. It’s a perfect mixture of salt, freeze-dried shallots, chives, garlic, onion and green peppercorns. Get yourself some. I also add a little butter to the olive oil for flavor to get that delicious brown crust on the scallops.
Grilled Scallops Recipe
Grilled Scallops a la Penzeys
A 10-minute recipe for amazing scallops
- 10 scallops (fresh or thawed, if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons Penzeys Fox Point Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lemon wedges for garnish (if desired)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in skillet on medium high heat until hot.
- Rub all sides of the scallops with the Penzeys Fox Point Seasoning.
- Grill the scallops on one side until they are a beautiful brown (about 2 to 3 minutes); turn them over and cook for another 3 minutes or so. (Do not overcook or they will be rubbery.)
- The scallops should be tender and hot all the way through.
- Serve with your favorite rice or noodle dish and a vegetable.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Sautéed Scallops
- Scallops with Ginger Lime Marinade
- Moroccan Cumin Fish
- Fried Catfish
- Sautéed Cod Fish
- South Beach Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon