Hot Blueberry Sauce (sometimes called compote) is amazing on breakfast foods like pancakes, waffles and French toast. But did you ever try it on a croissant?
Hot Blueberry Sauce
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop. Hot Blueberry Sauce is a tasty sauce to use on Pancakes, Waffles or Gluten Free Lemon Cake. It’s delicious over ice cream, Lemon Meringue Pie or Cornbread. As you can see, Hot Blueberry Sauce is a versatile fruit sauce. Some people refer to it as Fruit Compote.
I am not sure where the recipe originally came from, but I think it is one that has been in Don’s family for years. It’s easy to make and everyone loves it. We especially like it with pancakes and waffles. For some reason, we had a hard time finding this recipe one day when we wanted to make it, and we made a different Blueberry Compote that was equally as good. The two recipes are quite similar.
Check out the recipe.
Wouldn’t it be fun to serve Hot Blueberry Sauce in a Fondue Pot?
Hot Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Hot Blueberry Sauce
Warm and scrumptious. Sweet blueberry sauce.
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup natural organic sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the berries are softened and release the juice, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch until blended. Pour into the berries and stir.
- Add the zest and continue to cook the berries until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, stir.
- Serve at once over ice cream, cake, pancakes, waffles, cornbread or lemon-meringue pie.
Makes about 2 cups.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Hot Blueberry Sauce Nutrition Information
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?