Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner is my new favorite way to make Corned Beef and Cabbage. Perfect, juicy meat. Wonderfully flavored vegetables. Super easy one-pot meal.
Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner
Have you tried to make Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner (and cabbage, of course)? It is super easy, but it does take a little while.
Timing the Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner
I used the pressure cooker setting on the Instant Pot, cooking the meat first for 85 minutes. This means it really takes around 2 hours, because it takes about ½ hour to build up the steam and pressure before the timer starts to time. I suggest you follow the recommended timing of your own Instant Pot, but this timing worked well for me.
I used the quick release method to release the steam (follow the directions of your pot's manufacturer). Then I removed the meat to a platter, covered it with foil and stuck it in a 200-degree oven to keep it warm while I made the vegetables.
I dumped all the veggies except the cabbage into the pot. I set the pressure cooker time for 5 minutes and let the vegetables steam. Again, it takes about ½ hour to get the steam and pressure where it needs to be before it starts timing. If you like your veggies a little crisper, steam them for 4 minutes. I cook my cabbage separately in a steamer because I don't like it to get wimpy.
So, all told, it took 2 ½ hours to cook. About 20 minutes were hands on to prepare everything before cooking, so count on a bit less than 3 hours for this recipe. But you can sit down, have a glass of wine or two, play some games with the kids, or dance a jig while you wait. No fussing!
The meat was tender and delicious, vegetables perfectly cooked, and everything had that wonderful salty, corned beef taste. This is certainly a delicious way to make corned beef, Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner.
WHAT YOU NEED
You will need a knife, vegetable peeler, cutting board, Instant Pot, measuring cups and garlic mincer. Get yourself the best tools you can afford.
Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner Recipe
Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner Recipe
Meat & Spices
- 1 3 pound Corned Beef
- 1 spice packet & juices that comes with the meat
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-4 cups Water depending on the size of your pot: after you add everything else to the pot, add enough water to fill about one-third of the pot
- 18 tiny red potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 3 stalks celery
- 6 large carrots
- 1 medium cabbage
Meat & Spices
- Put the corned beef brisket into the Instant Pot with the fat side up. You can use the rack in the bottom if you want, but it is not necessary.
- Add the water, garlic and package of spices and juices that came with the brisket.
- Close the top and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook, with a time of 90 minutes.
- When the meat is finished cooking, release the steam using the instant release method (see your manual for this).
- Open the pot, and remove the meat to a platter. Cover it with foil and put it in a 200 degree oven until the vegetables are done cooking in the next phase of the recipe.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
- Wash the potatoes and set them aside in a bowl large enough to fit all the vegetables.
- Wash and cut the celery into 2-inch chunks. Put them in the bowl with the potatoes.
- Peel the carrots and cut off the ends. Wash them. Then cut them into 2-inch chunks and put them with the other vegetables.
- Peel the onions, cut them into 4-6 chunks and put them in the bowl, awaiting cooking.
- CABBAGE: Peel the outside layers of the cabbage off if they look wilted. Wash the cabbage. Cut it into pie-sized wedges (about 8), removing the center core.
- TWO CHOICES FOR CABBAGE: (1) You can put the cabbage with the other vegetables and cook it at the same time as the others. OR (2) you can steam it separately on top of the stove for about 20 minutes until crisp tender. If you put it in the Instant Pot with the other veggies, the cabbage will get soft, but it will still be tasty. I like my cabbage to retain some crispness, so I cook it separately.
- Set all the vegetables aside to cook after you finish cooking the beef.
- When the corned beef is done cooking, and you remove it to a platter, put the vegetables into the Instant Pot, close the top, set it to Pressure Cook and set the timer to 5 minutes.
- When the vegetables finish cooking, do a quick release of the steam, and remove the vegetables to a serving dish.
- Take the meat out of the oven, slice it in thin strips (against the grain), and serve with the vegetables.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Baked Corned Beef Dinner
- Boiled Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Classic Corned Beef Reuben
- Haloumi Gluten Free Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich
- Portabella Reuben Sandwich with Homemade Russian Dressing
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was originally published on Recipe Idea Shop March 12, 2020 and updated March 15, 2022.