Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies. Chewy and not too sweet. All goodness.
Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies. Don LOVES Oatmeal Cookies. Since he shoveled both cars out on Sunday after our blizzard on Saturday, I decide to make him some. They were gooood! The oatmeal gives them a crunchiness, craisins make them chewy, and the pecans add a nuttiness.
They only take a few minutes to mix up, and in 9 minutes, they are baked to perfection!
I like jellyroll pans instead of flat (no side) cookie sheets—and my favorite is the Calphalon Jelly Roll Pan. It’s made of wonderful material. I think jelly roll pans are far more versatile. What do you think?
TOOLS EVERY WELL-EQUIPPED KITCHEN NEEDS
Every kitchen should have the very best tools you can afford. At the least, buy yourself a good set of pans, a slow cooker, an Instant Pot, measuring cups and spoons, and the best set of chef’s knives you can afford. Also be sure to get a full sized food processor and a mini food processor. These tools are essential for any well-equipped kitchen.
Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies
Chewy & not too sweet.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (or use gluten free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Add the craisins and nuts and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F degrees until golden brown, about 9-12 minutes.
I only bake one sheet at a time, which provides a more even temperature. I find it’s less likely that I will burn any cookies if I don’t stack the baking sheets in the oven.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Dream Bar Cookies
- My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Danish Sugar Cookies
- Lost Molasses Cookies (cake cookies)
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?