RECIPE IDEA: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen, telling you about some wonderful Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies I made.
I’ve been hungry for cookies lately. I looked in the cupboard and found a 10-ounce package of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips and decided to make some gluten-free cookies. And I’m glad I did! They are amazing. Great texture. Bursting with flavor.
Gluten free bakery can be a little grainy, but these cookies were super. If you underbake cookies just a bit, they will be chewy (which is the way I like them).
For recipe and nutrition, read on…
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Baking Mix (or another 1-for-1 mix)
- 1 package Andes Creme de Menthe chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional; reduce the amount of flour by 1/4 cup if you add nuts)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix butter, eggs, sugars, and vanilla until blended.
- Add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until the dough is well combined and sticky.
- Add the chips and almonds.
- Mix to combine.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons full on an ungreased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 10 minutes or until the cookies are beginning to brown just a bit.
- Cool the cookies on a cooling rack.
- Eat one warm! YUMMY!