Recipe Idea: South Beach Chicken en Papillote
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about South Beach Chicken en Papillote, or Chicken Baked in Parchment Paper. Holy cow! This was so good.
I’m sure you’ve seen menu items like this at restaurants. These menu items always seem to be quite expensive. But I wonder why?
I never knew it was so easy to do until I made this South Beach Chicken en Papillote a couple weeks ago. Don does wonderfully on the South Beach Diet. I don’t; I need more fruit and carbs or, quite frankly, my body thinks it’s starving and instead of losing weight, I gain it. Don, on the other hand, loses about 20 pounds whenever he does the two-week Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet.
But I do like South Beach Diet recipes. And this one was especially good.
The hardest part is folding the parchment paper. What a delicious way to cook chicken or fish and vegetables. In a restaurant, it always seems so tricky. They serve it on a special plate, unopened and you have to cut a hole it the paper to eat the meal. And, really. What are they doing? Simply steaming the foods in their own juices.
I suggest you make this South Beach Chicken en Papillotte for your next dinner party. You can look like a hero while you and your guest savor life (and food)!
Try serving it with a nice Wilted Lettuce Salad. I know you’re gonna love this recipe.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
South Beach Chicken en Papillote
- 8 Chicken tenders about 1/2 pound total
- 3 scallions green onions, tender white and green parts only, sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced into small pieces (or 6 baby carrots)
- 1 small zucchini quartered and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a Clementine orange
- Salt and pepper optional
- Fold a 2-foot piece of parchment paper into a little square boat
- Place the chicken, vegetables and herbs into the parchment boat.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Fold the two sides of the parchment paper up around the chicken and vegetables, and crimp the edges. Fold and crimp the ends crisply to secure the juices.
- Place the packages on a baking sheet and bake at 400F degrees for 20 minutes until the chicken is done and the vegetables are crisp tender.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.